Kerberized Login Window on OS X 10.4

Shane Liebling
Has there been any news on how to get this working yet?  Or is
everyone who needs it working still being advised to not upgrade to
10.4?

Thanks in advance.

-Shane

Re: Kerberized Login Window on OS X 10.4

Alexandra Ellwood

On Sep 23, 2005, at 6:24 PM, Shane Liebling wrote:
> Has there been any news on how to get this working yet?  Or is
> everyone who needs it working still being advised to not upgrade to
> 10.4?

If you have updgraded to 10.4.2 or later you can now use the
Kerberized login window support.  However, Apple changed behavior of
the /etc/authorization file.  I believe you now want to replace

<string>authinternal</string>

with

<string>builtin:krb5authenticate,privileged</string>
or
<string>builtin:krb5authnoverify,privileged</string>

because the SecurityAgent no longer automatically runs mechanisms as
root.

Hope this helps,

--lxs

Alexandra Ellwood <[hidden email]>