Constraint Delegation with MIT Kerberos

Jeffries, Joseph L
Hello All,
I am new to Kerberos and I am trying to setup Constraint Delegation with MIT Kerberos.  I do have Full\Open Delegation working, but one of the servers (Microsoft Power BI Server OnPrem) requires Constraint Delegation.  I have not found instructions for setting Constraint Delegation up in a Windows server environment.  Could someone share the instructions, if they exists or provide me the steps to make this work?

Thank you in advance!

Joseph

RE: Constraint Delegation with MIT Kerberos

Jeffries, Joseph L
I did not get a response from anybody.  Does anybody have instructions for setting up Constraint Delegation on any platform?

Thanks,
Joseph

I am new to Kerberos and I am trying to setup Constraint Delegation with MIT Kerberos.  I do have Full\Open Delegation working, but one of the servers (Microsoft Power BI Server OnPrem) requires Constraint Delegation.  I have not found instructions for setting Constraint Delegation up in a Windows server environment.  Could someone share the instructions, if they exists or provide me the steps to make this work?

Thank you in advance!

Joseph

Re: Constraint Delegation with MIT Kerberos

Christopher D. Clausen
For Active Directory:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/security/kerberos/kerberos-constrained-delegation-overview

<<CDC

On 4/5/2019 8:35 AM, Jeffries, Joseph L wrote:

> I did not get a response from anybody.  Does anybody have instructions for setting up Constraint Delegation on any platform?
>
> Thanks,
> Joseph

Thanks Christopher.  I have followed this and can get it to work, but when I add MIT Kerberos into the mix it does not work.  According to Microsoft 3 Tier Kerberos support there needs to be a service or spn configured for MIT Kerberos to do Constraint Delegation.  So I am looking for documentation or cook book on how to configure MIT Kerberos to do Constraint Delegation.

Thanks,
Joseph

https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fwindows-server%2Fsecurity%2Fkerberos%2Fkerberos-constrained-delegation-overview&amp;data=02%7C01%7CJoseph.Jeffries%40minnstate.edu%7Cda33b6f47a0b4001035b08d6b9d1fe16%7C5011c7c60ab446ab9ef4fae74a921a7f%7C0%7C1%7C636900708895916671&amp;sdata=JxKG%2FqXwrkCqAKIsHt0NWsctVZW3hNjBKJcwSUuWwIA%3D&amp;reserved=0

<<CDC

On 4/5/2019 8:35 AM, Jeffries, Joseph L wrote:

> I did not get a response from anybody.  Does anybody have instructions for setting up Constraint Delegation on any platform?
>
> Thanks,
> Joseph

It would be helpful to understand more of your environment.  Can you
provide more details of what you are trying to accomplish?

Are multiple Kerberos realms involved or just a single Active Directory
domain?  Is an MIT KDC involved?  Or just MIT Kerberos clients?

What errors are you seeing with MIT?

https://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-latest/doc/admin/troubleshoot.html
might be helpful to enable debug logging.

<<CDC

On 4/5/2019 9:38 AM, Jeffries, Joseph L wrote:
> Thanks Christopher.  I have followed this and can get it to work, but when I add MIT Kerberos into the mix it does not work.  According to Microsoft 3 Tier Kerberos support there needs to be a service or spn configured for MIT Kerberos to do Constraint Delegation.  So I am looking for documentation or cook book on how to configure MIT Kerberos to do Constraint Delegation.

Re: Constraint Delegation with MIT Kerberos

Simo Sorce-3
Constrained delegation in MIT Kerberos required database configuration
support.
This is not available in plain DB2, only available if you use a backend
like LDAP.
FreeIPA (or Red Hat Identity Management) support Constrained delegation
for example.

HTH,
Simo.

On Fri, 2019-04-05 at 14:38 +0000, Jeffries, Joseph L wrote:

> Thanks Christopher.  I have followed this and can get it to work, but when I add MIT Kerberos into the mix it does not work.  According to Microsoft 3 Tier Kerberos support there needs to be a service or spn configured for MIT Kerberos to do Constraint Delegation.  So I am looking for documentation or cook book on how to configure MIT Kerberos to do Constraint Delegation.
>
> Thanks,
> Joseph

Simo Sorce
Sr. Principal Software Engineer