Change password without old password in kerberos 5 on linux

cne

Change password without old password in kerberos 5 on linux

cne
Hello

I'm having a problem changing a user's password, in the event that
they forgot their password.

I'm creating a CGI script in C, since we're trying to automate
forgotten password.

I can use the script to change a user's password by using the
function krb5_get_init_creds_password in krb5.h. Unfortunately I can't
use the function krb5_change_password without calling the previous
function.
I've read that krb5_get_init_creds_password creates a TGT for the user,
so he or she is able to change their password.

But the idea is that the user can change their password without
authenticating with their old password first.

Is this possible?

Hope you all can help!

Regards
Claus Nielsen