Building static libraries on Windows

Sandeep Patil
Hi,

I want to link statically to the MIT Kerberos API on Windows. I am able to
build dlls using the instructions but cannot seem to find a way to specify
building of static libraries to the nmake build process (like you can do
with configure on Linux/Mac OS). Is there any way to do that ?

Thanks

Re: Building static libraries on Windows

Greg Hudson
On 9/18/19 12:53 PM, Sandeep Patil wrote:
> I want to link statically to the MIT Kerberos API on Windows. I am able to
> build dlls using the instructions but cannot seem to find a way to specify
> building of static libraries to the nmake build process (like you can do
> with configure on Linux/Mac OS). Is there any way to do that ?

As far as I know, the Windows build creates and installs .lib files
(gssapi32.lib, krb5_32.lib, etc.) as well as DLLs.

The regular build system does not actually support static libraries in a
useful way.  I added partial static build support to facilitate code
coverage analysis for the test suite, but gcov has evolved to support
dynamic libraries, so at some point I will probably remove support for
--enable-static --disable-shared.

Re[2]: Building static libraries on Windows

Chris Hecker

I build krb5 libs statically from source on windows, although I'm still
on an old version, but you can email me for my vcproj files and edits if
you want.

Chris