Building Debug version of MIT kerberos for windows

Building Debug version of MIT kerberos for windows

Balakrishnan, Sivakumar
Hi,

I am new to Kerberos.  I am trying to build MIT Kerberos for Window from
the source files that I downloaded to from
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/dist/index.html#KFW2.6.5
<http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/dist/index.html%23KFW2.6.5>

I have followed the steps in the release notes but couldn't able to
build it successfully. I have tried to build it on a Windows 2003
development environment as well as on Windows XP environment.

On the windows 2003 environment, it complaints about "No Target
Architecture" when one of the module tries to include the "WINNT.h" file
from the platform SDK directory (the latest one) and I couldn't move
further.

On the XP environment, I got the error "The NTVDM has encountered an
illegal instruction CS:0000 IP:0077 OP:f0 37 05 0e 02 <close> or
<ignore> message for all of the awk linking or compiling step." When awk
(CYGWIN tool) tries to link or compile the programs.  If I ignore these
errors, I run into several "unresolvable external symbol" problems.

I am trying to build the debug version of gssapi32.lib for windows.  So
that I can step into the gss_accept_security_context implementation from
my program.

Currently GSS_Accept_security_context method don't return me a "AP-REP"
though the AP-REQ has mutual authentication bit set.   It just return
the user principal in the output token and return me GSS_Complete.

Thanks

Siva

Re: Building Debug version of MIT kerberos for windows

Jeffrey Altman-3
The only Platform SDK that is supported is the "Windows XP SP2 Platform
SDK".   The compiler that is used to build it is VS.NET 2003.   It
sounds like you must obtain a version of awk that works as well.

Jeffrey Altman

Balakrishnan, Sivakumar wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am new to Kerberos.  I am trying to build MIT Kerberos for Window from
> the source files that I downloaded to from
> http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/dist/index.html#KFW2.6.5
> <http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/dist/index.html%23KFW2.6.5>
>

> I have followed the steps in the release notes but couldn't able to
> build it successfully. I have tried to build it on a Windows 2003
> development environment as well as on Windows XP environment.
>

> On the windows 2003 environment, it complaints about "No Target
> Architecture" when one of the module tries to include the "WINNT.h" file
> from the platform SDK directory (the latest one) and I couldn't move
> further.
>

> On the XP environment, I got the error "The NTVDM has encountered an
> illegal instruction CS:0000 IP:0077 OP:f0 37 05 0e 02 <close> or
> <ignore> message for all of the awk linking or compiling step." When awk
> (CYGWIN tool) tries to link or compile the programs.  If I ignore these
> errors, I run into several "unresolvable external symbol" problems.
>

> I am trying to build the debug version of gssapi32.lib for windows.  So
> that I can step into the gss_accept_security_context implementation from
> my program.
>

> Currently GSS_Accept_security_context method don't return me a "AP-REP"
> though the AP-REQ has mutual authentication bit set.   It just return
> the user principal in the output token and return me GSS_Complete.
>

> Thanks
>
> Siva
>

> This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the message and any attachments from your system.

RE: Building Debug version of MIT kerberos for windows

Balakrishnan, Sivakumar
Thanks Jeff for your reply.  I have tried it on Windows XP with Sp2
platform SDK but still didn't work. I am working on setting up the
environment on another XP sp2 machine.  Let me see

Thanks
Siva