AIX 5.3

testls
Hello,

We are looking for MIT Kerberos for AIX 5.3

Can you please steer us in the right direction?  We can't seem to find even a clue as to where to download for AIX.

Thanks,

Tom

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Re: AIX 5.3

Christian Pfaffel-Janser
[hidden email] writes:

> Hello,
>
> We are looking for MIT Kerberos for AIX 5.3
>
> Can you please steer us in the right direction?  We can't seem to find even a clue as to where to download for AIX.

You might just try compile the source:

http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/dist/krb5/1.4/krb5-1.4.1-signed.tar

Regards,
Christian

--
Christian Pfaffel-Janser <[hidden email]>
Technische Universität Graz                 Telefon: +43 / 316 / 873 - 81 90

RE: AIX 5.3

Pierre Goyette
Christian,

MIT used to supply prebuilt binaries for multiple platforms. AIX was one of those.  I think Tom is looking for the prebuilt binaries for AIX.

Do these still exist or are users forced to build from source?

Pierre

> We are looking for MIT Kerberos for AIX 5.3
>
> Can you please steer us in the right direction?  We can't seem to find even a clue as to where to download for AIX.

You might just try compile the source:

http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/www/dist/krb5/1.4/krb5-1.4.1-signed.tar

Regards,
Christian

--
Christian Pfaffel-Janser <[hidden email]>
Technische Universität Graz                 Telefon: +43 / 316 / 873 - 81 90
Institut für Theoretische Physik            Telefax: +43 / 316 / 873 - 86 78
Petersgasse 16, A-8010 Graz           http://itp.tugraz.at/~flash/pubkey.gpg

Re: AIX 5.3

Kenneth G Raeburn
On Jun 17, 2005, at 14:03, Pierre Goyette wrote:
> Christian,
>
> MIT used to supply prebuilt binaries for multiple platforms. AIX was
> one of those.  I think Tom is looking for the prebuilt binaries for
> AIX.
>
> Do these still exist or are users forced to build from source?

We haven't been distributing UNIX binaries for the krb5 releases since
the 1.3 series.  Even if we were still doing so, our AIX machine runs
4.3, and so would not be of much help to someone needing 5.3 binaries.

Ken