AFS & Kerberos Best Practices Workshop 2011: CFP extended til Saturday; Registration available tomorrow

AFS & Kerberos Best Practices Workshop 2011: CFP extended til Saturday; Registration available tomorrow

Derrick Brashear-4
The organizers of the AFS & Kerberos Best Practices Workshop 2011
previously announced the Call For Participation.  The CFP now closes
on March 5, 2011.
Acceptances will be made on a continuing schedule based on fit with other talks.

This year's Workshop will be held at the University of North Carolina at
Charlotte, June 6-10, 2011.

We look forward to hearing about your talk!
http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw11/cfp.html

Additionally, registration will be available tomorrow.

Derrick
for the Organizers of the AFS & Kerberos Workshop

Re: AFS & Kerberos Best Practices Workshop 2011: CFP extended til Saturday; Registration available tomorrow

Kent Nasveschuk
When is registration opening?

Kent

Derrick
for the Organizers of the AFS & Kerberos Workshop

AFS & Kerberos Best Practices Workshop 2011: postponed, now online, CFP reopened

Derrick Brashear-4
Due to fiscal issues existing in many organizations, the AFS and Kerberos Best Practices Workshop committee has elected to hold this year's workshop as a teleconference, one week later than originally planned: June 13-17 2011. Online registration will be made available soon, and additional details will follow on the web site.

Revised logistics of the digital presentation format will allow several additional talks to be done, so the CFP has been reopened. additionally, as we had heard from some presenters that travel would not be possible, if you previously had offered a talk, we ask that you reconfirm by email that you'll still be able to give it.

Derrick
For the workshop organizers

AFS & Kerberos Best Practices Workshop 2011: June 13 to 17 - Registration Open

Jeffrey Altman-2
The AFS and Kerberos Best Practices Workshop Committee is happy to
announce that registration for the 2011 AFS and Kerberos Best Practices
Workshop is now open.  As previously announced, this year's tutorials
and workshop sessions will be held as an electronic conference which we
hope will permit a broader range of attendees to participate in a year
of reduced travel budgets.

This year we have two new tutorial instructors with significantly
updated course materials.  We welcome Kim Kimball as our new AFS
instructor and Simon Wilkinson as our new Kerberos instructor.  Kim's
experience as an AFS trainer dates back to his days with IBM/Transarc
and Simon has been enabling application protocols to authenticate with
Kerberos and GSS-API for nearly a decade.  Both have given numerous
informational and entertaining talks at past workshops.

  http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw11/afstut.html

  http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw11/kerbtut.html

The price for each is US$100.00.

The workshop sessions will include many of our most popular speakers:

  Russ Allbery
  Jeffrey Altman
  Matt Benjamin
  Derrick Brashear
  Andrew Deason
  Asanka Herath
  Love Hornquist Astrand
  Henry Hotz
  Tom Keiser
  Mike Meffie
  Simon Wilkinson

and will be hosted by Kim Kimball and Marshall Vale.  Topics include:

  A History of AFS
  AFS and Kerberos Project Status Reports
  Obtaining AFS Credentials at login on MacOS X
  Web Authentication
  KX509 extensions
  A practical guide to upgrading AFS from rxkad to rxgk security
  Performance Benefits of the AFS Extended Callback model
  Deploying the Demand Attach File Server (DAFS) - [New in OpenAFS 1.6]
  AFS RX Performance
  Analyzing AFS Statistics
  OpenAFS Futures

and our two most popular panels will return:

  Live Troubleshooting
   - submit real world problems for live analysis

  Stump the Experts
   - ask anything related to Kerberos or AFS, get an answer

Finally, the workshop would not be complete without the annual site
reports in which attendees tell each other how Kerberos and AFS have
been successfully deployed within their organizations.

The price for the three days of workshop sessions is US$60.00.

The AFS and Kerberos Best Practices Workshop is appropriate for anyone
that is responsible for deploying or curious about real world
distributed computing environments.

The 2011 AFS and Kerberos Best Practices Workshop is sponsored by Your
File System, Inc. (http://www.your-file-system.com) and Secure
Endpoints, Inc. (http://www.secure-endpoints.com).

Please submit site reports and troubleshooting issues to
[hidden email].

Jeffrey Altman
on behalf of the Workshop committee

AFS & Kerberos Best Practices Workshop 2011: June 13 to 17 - Sessions will be recorded

Jeffrey Altman-2
http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw11/

The AFS and Kerberos Best Practices Workshop Committee is happy to
announce that the 2011 AFS and Kerberos Best Practices
Tutorials and Workshop sessions will be recorded and made available to
attendees for 48 hours.  This will permit attendees to revisit important
talks and view those that might be missed due to scheduling conflicts.

This year we have two new tutorial instructors with significantly
updated course materials.  We welcome Kim Kimball as our new AFS
instructor and Simon Wilkinson as our new Kerberos instructor.  Kim's
experience as an AFS trainer dates back to his days with IBM/Transarc
and Simon has been enabling application protocols to authenticate with
Kerberos and GSS-API for nearly a decade.  Both have given numerous
informational and entertaining talks at past workshops.

  http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw11/afstut.html

  http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw11/kerbtut.html

Each tutorial is priced at US$100.00.

[...]

Registration will be open until the start of each day's events.

Jeffrey Altman
for the workshop organizers

Reminder: Call for Presentations AFS & Kerberos Best Practices Workshop 2015: August 17 to 21

Jeffrey Altman-2
The AFS Kerberos Best Practices Workshop 2015 Call for Presentations
closes this coming Friday 15 May 2015.  If you would like to submit a
presentation on any AFS or Kerberos related subject or a site report
please following the "Submit a Talk" link at

  http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw15/cfp.html

All subjects related to on-going development of AFS and Kerberos
implementations, and deployment of AFS and Kerberos based application
infrastructures are welcome.

The 2015 AFS and Kerberos Best Practices Workshop will be held in
Pittsburgh PA USA the week of August 17 to 21.  All details can be found
at the workshop web site

  http://workshop.openafs.org/

This year's event is family friendly.  Spouses and children are welcome
to attend the Workshop social events.  If your family is looking for a
Summer vacation, think Pittsburgh and the AFS & Kerberos Best Practices
Workshop.

  http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw15/family.html

As in prior years the format of the workshop will be a Kerberos Tutorial
on Monday, an AFS Tutorial on Tuesday, followed by conference
presentations coupled with social events Wednesday to Friday.

This year's workshop is extra special because we will be joined by many
members of the Project Andrew, Transarc and IBM Pittsburgh Labs teams
that developed AFS3 prior to its open source transition.  Many OpenAFS
developers, system administrators and end users often ask origin
questions that cannot be answered by current OpenAFS contributors.  This
event will shed light on the various decisions that molded AFS3 and
provide a forum for the trailblazers to learn how their work continues
to impact the lives of end users more than 30 years later.

The AFS and Kerberos Best Practices Workshop is appropriate for anyone
that is responsible for deploying or curious about real world
distributed computing environments.

Jeffrey Altman
on behalf of the Workshop committee

Presentations Selected and New Sponsor - AFS & Kerberos Best Practices Workshop 2015: August 17 to 21

Jeffrey Altman-2
The AFS and Kerberos Best Practices Workshop Committee is happy to
announce that the titles of the selected presentations for this year's
Workshop are posted on the web site.

  http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw15/schedule.php

This years presentations promise to be some of the best we have ever had.

We are also happy to announce that Teradactyl,
http://www.teradactyl.com/, has signed up to be our second sponsor.

[...]

The 2015 AFS and Kerberos Best Practices Workshop cannot be successful
without sponsor organizations.  Please see

  http://workshop.openafs.org/afsbpw15/sponsorship.html

for the benefits that your organization will obtain from sponsoring this
year's workshop.  We are grateful to both Your File System and
Teradactyl for sponsoring this year's workshop.

Jeffrey Altman
on behalf of the Workshop committee

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment